The Avon EB950CR Armstrong Barrier is a high security rising arm barrier that has been PAS 68 impact tested and offers a high level of protection where central roadway foundations are not possible / practical.
The barrier can withstand direct impact forces in excess of 720 KJ, and provides shallow mounted protection to sites from extreme Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED) attack.
The EB950CR is a highly dependable security product that will easily interface with a wide range of control equipment. Assembled in our fabrication facilities using heavy gauge materials to give maximum strength and durability. The EB950CR is a traditional rising arm barrier security barrier with the benefits of high level physical protection.
The EB950CR has been independently physically tested in a number of full scale crash tests conducted in accordance with PAS 68 by the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL).
Independently physically impact tested in accordance with the BSi PAS 68 by the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL) it achieved a PAS 68 classification V/7500(N2)/48/90:0/0 and remained operational after the impact.
The high security barrier comes with a hold to run control as standard, the hydraulic power pack is controlled by a programmable controller and can be customised to interface with a wide range of access control equipment to suit specific customer requirements. Available configurations include (but are not limited to) inductive loop systems, card readers, communication equipment and manned guard emergency systems.
In the event of power failure a manual pump is provided to ensure operator control is maintained.
The EB950CR PAS 68 security barrier is an Electro-Hydraulically operated rising arm barrier with arm widths of up to 4.5m span. The barriers arm sits 1 m above the roadway and is supported by 2 side support frames. During impact the arm slides into a locked position protecting the main drive mechanism from damage.
- Physically impact tested to PAS 68 criteria
- Shallow mounting from 470mm overall depth
- Manufactured from heavy gauge materials
- Manual hand pump facility
- Programmable controller
- 100% duty cycling
- Confidence in proven performance
- Overcomes site depth restrictions
- Strength and durability
- Operational under power failure conditions
- Flexibility to interface with all forms of access control
- Reliable and dependable
- Access and intercom systems
- Emergency buttons with lock down
- Accumulator systems for hydraulic operation
- Integral inset warning lights
- UPS backup for the electrical system
- Interlocking systems to give air-lock type protection on sites with higher threat levels
- Inductive loop systems
- Traffic lights and back-indications systems
- Physical Dimensions: 600mm W x 890mm D x 1230mm H
- Barrier catcher foundations: 1500mm W x 3600mm D x 470mm H
- Barrier Arm: 5m max
- Basic Power requirements (dependent on config): Single phase 220V AC, 50Hz, Min 16 Amps
- Control Voltage: S.E.L.V 24V
- Impact Absorption: 723KJ (fully operational immediately after impact)
- Full PAS68 Classification: V/7500(N2)/48/90:0/0
- Tested Model: 1m H x 3m W
- Speed of operation: 6-10 seconds to raise or lower
- Operating temperature range available (option): -25°C – +70°C