EXTERNAL WORKS helps companies market their products and services to professional decision-makers.
Whether you want to increase brand recognition, get your products specified, drive traffic to your website or generate high-quality leads for your sales teams, we have solutions to help you grow and protect your share of the UK market.
Below is an overview of the main opportunities we offer.
EXTERNAL WORKS online content marketing platform
Extend your reach and influence without adding to your workload by using our content experts to promote your key products and services.
EXTERNAL WORKS online is the most comprehensive source of product and service information available to professional designers, specifiers and buyers working on UK projects.
We cover all major manufacturers and most specialist suppliers. We've illustrated thousands of products and systems for specifiers and buyers to choose from.
- Easy to search, browse and refine
- Optimised for desktop, tablet and smartphone
- The best source of qualified product and service information for the UK B2B marketplace
- Unique workflow tools to help buyers progress their interest
- Used by leading brands to extend their reach and influence
EXTERNAL WORKS online is used by leading designers, contractors and end users looking to find the products and services they need to work on their projects. They use the site because it gives them access to qualified information in a standard format that is easy to use.
Below are some of our regular visitors who come to find the best solutions for their projects.
"It saves a lot of time, having a lot of companies' information in one place, rather than having to search through numerous websites." Sarah Daniel, Locality Team Leader, Ashfield District Council
Buyers and specifiers from the organisations below have visited the EXTERNAL WORKS website multiple times over the past 30 days.
|Persimmon Homes||Residential Property Developers||York|
|Amey PLC||Information Technology and Services||Oxford|
|NPS Property Consultants Limited||Consultants||Norwich|
|Ove Arup & Partners International Limited||Management Consulting||London|
|Redrow||Building Construction Contractors||Deeside|
|Atkins Limited||Engineers (Consulting)||Epsom|
|WYG Plc||Management and Business Consultants||Leeds|
|Kier Integrated Services Ltd||Building Construction Contractors||Norwich|
|Jacobs Engineering Group||Consultants||Swindon|
|Barratt Homes||Property Developers||Coalville|
|Gillespies LLP||Landscape Designers||London|
|LDA Design||Landscape Designers||Peterborough|
|PRC Architecture and Planning||Architecture and Planning||London|
|Timber Play Ltd||Playground Equipment||Sheffield|
|Hyland Edgar Driver Limited||Architecture and Planning||Winchester|
|Department of Finance||Government||Belfast|
|NHS Wales||Hospital and Healthcare||Cardiff|
|Waterman Group||Civil Engineering||London|
|HLMAD Limited||Architecture and Planning||Sheffield|
|Barhale Ltd||Civil Engineering||Walsall|
|Smeeden Foreman Ltd||Architecture and Planning||Knaresborough|
|The Prince's Foundation||Charities & Charitable Organisations||London|
|Interserve Group Limited||Engineering||Birmingham|
|Kent County Council||Individual and Family Services||Maidstone|
|Kier Group Plc||Construction||Sandy|
|Jacobs UK Limited||Civil Engineering||Reading|
|R G Carter Group Limited||Construction||Norwich|
|Willmott Dixon Holdings Limited||Construction||Letchworth Garden City|
|Coventry City Council||Government||Coventry|
|IBI Group||Architecture and Planning||Manchester|
|Dundee City Council||Local Government||Dundee|
|Colvin & Moggridge||Architecture and Planning||Lechlade|
|Leeds Beckett University||Education||Leeds|
|Glasgow City Council||Public Services||Glasgow|
|Bolton Gate Company Limited||Building Materials and Tools||Bolton|
|Turkington Design Studio Limited||Architecture and Planning||London|
|Bristol City Council||Public Services||Bristol|
|Belfast City Counci||Government||Belfast|
|Building Design Partnership Limited||Architecture and Planning||Manchester|
|Lancashire County Council||Government||Preston|
|CALA Group Ltd||Property Developers||Edinburgh|
|BM3 Architecture Ltd||Architectural Services||Birmingham|
|Land Use Consultants Ltd||Architecture and Planning||London|
|Mid Devon District Council||Government||Tiverton|
|Townshend Landscape Architects||Architecture and Planning||London|
|Scottish Environment Protection Agency||Environmental Services||Stirling|
|Places for People Group Limited||Real Estate||Preston|
|RSK Group Limited||Environmental Services||Helsby|
|LHC||Architecture and Planning||Exeter|
|J Murphy and Sons Limited||Building and Maintenance Services||London|
|HTA Design LLP||Architecture and Planning||London|
|Vale of Glamorgan Council||Government||Barry|
|Aviva plc||Financial Services||Norwich|
|John Graham Construction Limited||Construction||Hillsborough|
|NHS National Services Scotland||Education||Edinburgh|
|Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council||Government||Doncaster|
|The City of Cardiff Council||Public Services||Cardiff|
|Define||Architecture and Planning||Birmingham|
|Corstorphine + Wright||Architecture and Planning||Warwick|
|Hampshire County Council||Government||Winchester|
|Reading Borough Council||Government||Reading|
|Tobermore Concrete Products Limited||Building Materials and Tools||Tobermore|
|Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council||Government||Huyton|
|Nottingham Trent University||Education||Nottingham|
|The Landscape Partnership Ltd||Architecture and Planning||London|
|Baylis Landscape Contractors Ltd||Civil Engineering||Gravesend|
|Sutcliffe Play Limited||Playground Equipment||Pontefract|
|Ridgeons Ltd||Building Materials and Tools||Cambridge|
|HOK International Ltd||Architecture and Planning||London|
|Sweco UK Holding Limited||Engineering||Leeds|
|Metropolitan Workshop||Architecture and Planning||London|
|Furnitubes International Ltd||Building Materials and Tools||London|
|Fabrik Ltd||Architecture and Planning||Alton|
|Allies & Morrison||Architects||London|
|Ibstock Brick Ltd||Building Materials and Tools||Ibstock|
|Tom Stuart-Smith Ltd||Landscape Designers||London|
|Babcock International||Mechanical or Industrial Engineering||London|
|Anchor Systems (International) Ltd||Civil Engineering||Rowfant|
|Dodd Group||Mechanical or Industrial Engineering||Telford|
|EDF Energy||Oil and Energy||Gloucester|
|City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council||Government||Bradford|
|Skanska UK PLC||Construction||London|
|University of Nottingham||Education||Nottingham|
|Tanner Stiles Publishing Limited||Multimedia Publishers and Producers||Telford|
|Landscape Show Ltd||Business Supplies and Equipment||London|
What we do for our clients
Whether you're an established market leader or an innovative start up, we make sure that well- presented, detailed information on your most important products and services is available to specifiers and buyers whenever they need it.
Illustrated pages that we create for you are given prioritised ranking in search results and are actively promoted offline.
Over 97% of all online page views are generated by illustrated pages.
What you get online
- Pages prepared for you by our content experts
- Your branding on every page
- Up to 12 captioned illustrations per page
- No duplication of your own content
- Consistent formatting to facilitate comparison
- Detailed descriptions with key features and benefits
- Copy spec functionality if it's a product
- Links to specific pages on your website for each entry
- Downloads to help buyers progress future interest
- Videos to educate and inform
- Cross-referencing to maximise conversion opportunities
- No competitors featured on your pages
- Contact details and workflow tools to help buyers progress their interest
- Metrics so you can assess how your pages are performing
- Ongoing account reviews and CMS support to make sure your profile is accurate and up-to-date
How you benefit
- Your key products and services are promoted to professional decision-makers
- Awareness of and trust in your brand increases
- New business opportunities are generated
- Your website ranking benefits from high-quality in-bound links
- There is minimal demand on your time and resources
"ESI.info updates our content as I'm busy so don't have time to do all of it myself! It's a pretty smooth process - I send them new project information as it comes in, and they upload it and also prompt me to choose the best case studies to promote in their email bulletins." Mark Chessell, Chief Executive, IOTA
Help us to help you
We provide a full content editing and production service for value-added subscriptions. Tell us what you'd like to promote and we'll do the work for you.Book a demo Apply for a free profile
EXTERNAL WORKS bulletins
Benefit from high-quality exposure to professional decision-makers interested in keeping up-to-date with sector innovations.
Promoting your products and services through bulletins is a great way to increase your brand's reach and generate tangible returns on your marketing investment.
What you can promote
Any product or service that is illustrated and published on the EXTERNAL WORKS website can be promoted, including case studies, products, articles, CPD, news and events.
"Thank you. It looks good! I recognised one company we've recently had an enquiry from." Marketing Manager, Kee Safety Ltd
What you get when you are featured
- Strong visual representation for maximum impact
- Informative title and snippet
- Prominent branding to build familiarity and trust
- Read more or visit your website options for buyers to get more info
- Re-promotion to our social media followers
- Builds confidence in your brand
- Extends your reach and influence
- Creates new business opportunities
- Drives traffic to your website
- Easy to assess ROI - you can see the audience you've reached
|EXTERNAL WORKS bulletin metrics*|
|Opens - buyers exposed to promoted brands||2,531|
|Clicks - buyers wanting more info||136|
|Send to open rate||14.9%|
|Open to click thru rate||5.37%|
* Averages are based on the last 3 issues publishedView the audience you could reach
See who you are reaching
When you are promoted in a bulletin, you can gauge the quality of your exposure through your metrics dashboard. We report the job title, company and location of everyone who opened the bulletin and everyone who clicked through to your promoted project, product or service.
Bulletins are included in all value-added subscriptions.
It takes less than two minutes to book and schedule a slot.Book a demo Watch the video
EXTERNAL WORKS print showcase
Get in the frame when designers and specifiers are looking for options at the start of a project.
EXTERNAL WORKS in print is the best place for buyers to get a clear overview of potential solutions from market leaders before searching online.
- Trusted and respected
- Sent on demand
- Visually rich
- Easy to browse
- Easy to bookmark
What you get
- Option of double page spreads, full pages or half pages
- Visually striking layouts designed and prepared by our expert team
- A minimum of 18 months high-quality exposure guaranteed
- Free pages if you have a concurrent 'multi-channel' marketing subscription
- Gives designers and specifiers a clear, illustrated overview of your key products and services
- Increases your chances of being approached or specified early in the project
|10,000 Guaranteed Circulation|
|Landscape and urban planning||450|
|Leisure and recreation||350|
|Highways and transportation||550|
|Property and architectural services||200|
|Landscape architects and designers||1,900|
|Architects and urban designers||1,800|
|Civil, structural and highways engineers||900|
|Construction management surveyors||200|
|Civil engineering and construction||1,200|
|Landscape, sportsground and fencing||800|
|Property developers, housing associations||200|
|Government agencies: EA, DIO, GTs et al||175|
|Heritage and conservation||155|
|Leisure and recreation||180|
|Education and healthcare||300|
|Commerce and industry||80|
Free controlled and requested
The core readership reached is landscape architects, civil engineers, architects and quantity surveyors in major consulting, contracting, government and client organisations who like using the book.
These professional decision-makers and influencers are collectively responsible for the specification and implementation of the bulk of major projects in the UK.
"I use a combination of website and the book, but tend to look at the book first." Senior Landscape Officer, Cardiff CouncilVIEW THE AUDIENCE YOU COULD REACH
The text and layout is prepared by our editors.
All we need from you are high-quality, captioned illustrations.
Rates quoted are for solus insertions.
Print pages are included free of charge if you have a subscription extending as part of marketing 12 months from publication date - see subscriptions table for details.REQUEST A FREE REVIEW COPY
EXTERNAL WORKS business list rental
Maximise returns on your direct marketing campaigns by tapping into our database of professional designers, specifiers and buyers.
Over 30,000 named business email addresses to choose from...
Decision-makers in key and complex organisations, including local authorities, and leading consulting, contracting and client organisations are thoroughly researched and checked each year.
We don't supply generic emails - 98% of our contacts have named business email addresses.
- Named business email addresses
- Tailored to match your requirements
- Easy to segment by business sector, job role or geographical area
- Unlimited use during rental period
- GDPR and PECR compliant
- CTPS checked
Contacts can be selected by business activity, job function or geographical location. Address books can be de-duplicated against your own contacts to give you new business opportunity files.
Use our lists to
- Maximise the effectiveness of your direct marketing campaigns
- Generate high-quality leads for your sales team
- Build brand awareness
- Drive traffic to your website
- Easily quantify your return on investment
"A pleasure to work with such a knowledgeable team at ESI, they really know their market. The quality of contacts are always to a very high standard and the format in which databases are provided makes it very simple to target campaigns effectively." SLG Marketing Ltd
How it works
- Tell us who you want to target or call us to talk through your requirements
- Let us know when you need the address books
- Search and select
- We select contacts to match your profile by business sector, job function or location
- We process any contacts you want to include or exclude using email addresses you supply
- We provide you with a list profile and sample for approval
- We finalise the contact selection for you
- We provide you with a data file to import into your email or CRM system
- Contacts are classified by business activity, job role and location, making it easy for you to segment your data for specific campaigns
Business list rental rates
Cost per '000 business contacts
Managed email campaigns
Make sure your email marketing complies with current legislation and gets delivered in the right format to your intended audience by taking advantage of our managed email campaign service.
What we will do for you
- Set up a responsive email template that suits your messaging style
- Include your branding in headers and footers
- Set up your campaign using source material provided by you
- Send you a proof for approval
- Add or suppress your contacts as required
- Send your campaign to an agreed schedule
- Provide campaign metrics and reports to help you assess ROI
- Include up to 5,000 email addresses from our database
- Supply contact details for opens and clicks for you to follow up as you wish
Notes 1. Contact details will not be supplied for any information channel the user has unsubscribed from. For example, if one of our contacts is registered with the corporate telephone preference service (CTPS), you will not be given their telephone number.
Managed email campaign rates
Campaign set up, send and reporting costs are based on you supplying source material for the email, including subject line, headlines, copy, images, hyperlinks and on page forms if required.
Examples of recent managed email campaigns
Street DesignSolution promotion using client's own lists and new opportunities files from ESI.info.
- 7,315 emails delivered,
- 1,579 unique opens.
Metsa WoodProduct design seminar invitation Edinburgh.
- 654 emails delivered,
- 180 unique opens.
TORMAXService promotion using client list and new ops from ESI.info.
- 3,625 emails delivered,
- 763 unique opens.
Delta MembranesProduct launch. List from ESI.info.
- 2,907 emails delivered,
- 466 unique opens.
ASFBespoke project capability promotion.
- 7,003 emails delivered,
- 1,627 unique opens.
BÜRKERTProduct and service promotion to niche market sector.
- 639 emails delivered,
- 69 unique opens.
To discuss how we can maximise effectiveness of your campaigns and save you the time and cost required to set up and manage your own campaigns.Book a demo
Subscription options & rates
|Reach & Influence||Variable||x10||x20||x50||x100|
|Online Illustrated Entries||5||10||20||40||80|
|Print Showcase Pages||1x half page||1x full page||2x full pages||4x full pages|
|Bulletin Features||1x per year||2x per year||4x per year||8x per year|
|Online Monthly Features||1x per year||2x per year|
|One Year Commitment||£995||£1788||£2,976||£4,690|
|Two Year Commitment||£915||£1,645||£2,738||£4,315|
|Three Year Commitment||£876||£1,523||£2,619||£4,127|
|Extra Illustrated Online Entries||£90||£75||£60||£45|
|Extra Bulletin Slots||£150||£125||£100||£75|
|Extra Monthly Feature||£100||£75|
|Extra Print Pages||£750||£700||£600||£500|
|List Rental Cost Per 1000||£525||£450||£325||£275|
|4x Solus Email Campaigns||£2,025||£1,760||£1,515|
|Solus Email Campaign Set Up||£600||£600||£600||£600|
|Solus Email Cost Per Send||£450||£450||£450||£450|
|Online Shopfront||You build it||We build it||We build it||We build it||We build it|
|Online Search Rank||3||2||2||1||1|
|Company About Page|
|Product & Service Entries|
|Max. Illustrations Per Entry||1||12||12||12||12|
|Backllnks To Your Website|
|Cross Selling Opportunities|
|New Entry Promotion|
|Social Media Links|
|Service & Support||Free||Bronze||Silver||Gold||Platinum|
|Content Management System|
|Full Entry Production||5||10||20||40|
|Major Changes Service|
"Lang+Fulton has subscribed to ESI's publications and websites since 2003. The services provided have always been of the highest possible standard." UK Marketing Director, Lang+Fulton
- Who does the content work on our profile?
We do if you have a value-added subscription. We'll also give you full access and editing permission so you can make changes if you wish.
- What happens if we rebrand and all our content needs to be updated?
We'll update your content within 10 working days of being notified.
- What happens to our inbound links if we launch a new website?
We check all outbound links on a monthly basis. If you have redirects in place, we'll capture and save the correct URL for your pages. If you don't have redirects, we'll update your links for you manually.
- How often do you check our data to make sure it's accurate?
We check your information at least once a year If you have a value-added subscription. We also review and action any content requests sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on a daily basis.
- How long is the minimum subscription term?
The minimum subscription term is 12 months. Typical concept to build timeframes range from 6 to 18 months, so this gives you a chance to assess the effectiveness of any marketing we do for you.
- Can the marketing subscriptions be customised?
Yes they can - we're interested in making sure you get the best possible value from your subscription.
8pp, September 2018, 470KB
Terms and conditions
To see our marketing terms and conditions for paid-for subscriptions, please click one of the links below: