EXTERNAL WORKS helps companies market their products and
services to professional decision-makers.
Whether you want to increase brand recognition, get your products specified, drive
traffic to your website or generate high-quality leads for your sales teams, we have
solutions to help you grow and protect your share of the UK market.
Below is an overview of the main opportunities we offer.
EXTERNAL WORKS online content marketing platform
Extend your reach and influence without adding to your workload by using our
content experts to promote your key products and services.
EXTERNAL WORKS online is the most
comprehensive source of product and
service information available to professional
designers, specifiers and buyers working on
We cover all major manufacturers and most
specialist suppliers. We've illustrated
thousands of products and systems for specifiers and buyers to choose from.
- Easy to search, browse and refine
- Optimised for desktop, tablet and smartphone
- The best source of qualified product and service information for the UK B2B marketplace
- Unique workflow tools to help buyers progress their interest
- Used by leading brands to extend their reach and influence
EXTERNAL WORKS online is used by leading designers, contractors and end users looking to find
the products and services they need to work on their projects. They use the site because it gives
them access to qualified information in a standard format that is easy to use.
Below are some of our regular visitors who come to find the best solutions for their projects.
"It saves a lot of time, having a lot of companies' information in one place, rather than having to search
through numerous websites."
Sarah Daniel, Locality Team Leader, Ashfield District Council
Buyers and specifiers from the organisations below have visited the EXTERNAL WORKS website
multiple times over the past 30 days.
|Kier Group Plc||Construction||Sandy
|Persimmon Homes Developments Limited||Construction||York
|Bellway||Architecture and Planning||Newcastle Upon Tyne
|R P S||Information Technology and Services||Abingdon
|Balfour Beatty Plc||Construction||London
|Churchman Thornhill Finch||Architecture and Planning||London
|Gillespies LLP||Architecture and Planning||Oxford
|AECOM||Management Consulting||Los Angeles (CA)
|Transport for London||Public Transport||London
|Willmott Dixon||Civil Engineering||Letchworth Garden City
|Vinci Facilities Partnerships Limited||Construction||Watford
|Newcastle University||Education||Newcastle upon Tyne
|Nurture Landscapes Ltd||Horticulture||Windlesham
|I B I Group||Architecture and Planning||London
|BDP||Architecture and Planning||Manchester
|Bowmer And Kirkland Limited||Construction||Belper
|VolkerWessels UK Ltd||Civil Engineering||Hoddesdon
|Barratt Developments PLC||Real Estate||Coalville
|EDF Energy PLC||Utilities||London
|IBI Group||Design||Toronto (ON)
|Planit Northwest Ltd||Architecture and Planning||London
|DLA Architecture Ltd||Design||Leeds
|Barratt Homes||Property Developers||Coalville
|The Harris Partnership||Architecture and Planning||London
|HTA Design LLP||Architecture and Planning||London
|Barton Willmore Holdings Limited||Architecture and Planning||Reading
|Bailey Streetscene Ltd||Building Materials and Tools||Adlington
|Bae Systems Plc||Defence and Space||London
|Aggregate Industries Management Limited||Business Supplies and Equipment||Markfield
|Eurovia UK||Civil Engineering||Horsham
|Sydenhams Ltd||Building Materials and Tools||Gillingham
|NHS National Services Scotland||Hospital and Healthcare||Edinburgh
|Travis Perkins Trading Company Limited||Building Materials and Tools||Northampton
|SDS Limited||Building and Maintenance Services||Biddisham
|Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council||Government||Dudley
|South Lanarkshire Council||Government||Hamilton
|Glasgow City Council||Non-Classified Establishments||Glasgow
|Austin-Smith:Lord||Architecture and Planning||Liverpool
|R G Carter Group Limited||Construction||Peterborough
|CALA Group (Holdings) Limited||Construction||Edinburgh
|Bea Landscape Design Limited||Architecture and Planning||Wolverhampton
|Wardell Armstrong||Management Consulting||Birmingham
|North Yorkshire County Council||Government||Northallerton
|Wates Group Limited||Construction||Leatherhead
|Center Parcs, Whinfell Forest||Leisure, Travel and Tourism||Newark
|Nottinghamshire County Council||Government||Nottingham
|SIG plc||Business Supplies and Equipment||Sheffield
|Midas Construction Ltd||Construction||Bristol
|Portsmouth City Council||Government||Portsmouth
|Jacobs Engineering Group||Engineering||Leeds
|Travis Perkins PLC||Wholesalers||Northampton
|Capita PLC||Information Technology and Services||London
|Everedge Limited||Horticulture||Market Drayton
|University College London||Education||London
|Grafton Group PLC||Building Materials and Tools||Dublin
|Brighton & Hove City Council||Government||Hove
|Bourne Leisure Ltd||Leisure, Travel and Tourism||Hemel Hempstead
|BAE Systems||Defence and Space||Edinburgh
|Engenda Group Ltd||Facilities Services||Runcorn
|Macfarlane + Assocs||Non-Classified Establishments||London
|Allen Pyke Associates Ltd||Architecture and Planning||Kingston-upon-Thames
|Coventry City Council||Government||Coventry
|Farrer Huxley Limited||Architecture and Planning||London
|Salford City Council||Government||Salford
|Alan Baxter Ltd||Engineering||London
|BAM Nuttall Ltd||Engineering||Camberley
|Ben Adams Architects Limited||Architecture and Planning||London
|Levitt Bernstein Associates Limited||Architecture and Planning||Manchester
|Touchlight Genetics Ltd||Biotechnology||Hampton
|Node Urban Design Ltd||Architecture and Planning||Birmingham
|Emerson Electric||Mechanical or Industrial Engineering||London
|Timber Play Ltd.||Recreational Facilities and Services||Sheffield
|The Urbanists||Architecture and Planning||Cardiff
|PM Group||Architecture and Planning||Cork
|Conwy County Borough Council||Government||Conwy
|Wokingham Borough Council||Government||Wokingham
|Max Fordham LLP||Engineering||London
|Bristol City Council||Government||Bristol
|City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council||Education||Bradford
|Ards and North Down Borough Council||Government||Newtownards
|Swift Group||Car and Vehicle Sales||Cottingham
|Queen's University Belfast||Education||Belfast
|PRC Architecture and Planning||Architecture and Planning||London
What we do for our clients
Whether you're an established market leader or an innovative start up, we make sure that well-
presented, detailed information on your most important products and services is available to
specifiers and buyers whenever they need it.
Illustrated pages that we create for you are given prioritised ranking in search results and are
actively promoted offline.
Over 97% of all online page views are generated by illustrated pages.
What you get online
- Pages prepared for you by our content experts
- Your branding on every page
- Up to 12 captioned illustrations per page
- No duplication of your own content
- Consistent formatting to facilitate comparison
- Detailed descriptions with key features and benefits
- Copy spec functionality if it's a product
- Links to specific pages on your website for each entry
- Downloads to help buyers progress future interest
- Videos to educate and inform
- Cross-referencing to maximise conversion opportunities
- No competitors featured on your pages
- Contact details and workflow tools to help buyers progress their interest
- Metrics so you can assess how your pages are performing
- Ongoing account reviews and CMS support to make sure your profile is accurate and up-to-date
How you benefit
- Your key products and services are promoted to professional decision-makers
- Awareness of and trust in your brand increases
- New business opportunities are generated
- Your website ranking benefits from high-quality in-bound links
- There is minimal demand on your time and resources
"ESI.info updates our content as I'm busy so
don't have time to do all of it myself! It's a pretty smooth process - I
send them new project information as it comes in, and they upload it
and also prompt me to choose the best case studies to promote in
their email bulletins."
Mark Chessell, Chief Executive, IOTA
Help us to help you
We provide a full content editing and production service for value-added subscriptions.
Tell us what you'd like to promote and we'll do the work for you.
Book a demo
Apply for a free profile
EXTERNAL WORKS bulletins
Benefit from high-quality exposure to professional decision-makers interested in keeping up-to-date with sector innovations.
Promoting your products and services through bulletins is a great way to increase
your brand's reach and generate tangible returns on your marketing investment.
What you can promote
Any product or service that is illustrated and
published on the EXTERNAL WORKS website can
be promoted, including case studies, products,
articles, CPD, news and events.
"Thank you. It looks good! I recognised one company we've recently had an enquiry from."
Marketing Manager, Kee Safety Ltd
What you get when you are featured
- Strong visual representation for maximum impact
- Informative title and snippet
- Prominent branding to build familiarity and trust
- Read more or visit your website options for buyers to get more info
- Re-promotion to our social media followers
- Builds confidence in your brand
- Extends your reach and influence
- Creates new business opportunities
- Drives traffic to your website
- Easy to assess ROI - you can see the audience you've reached
|EXTERNAL WORKS bulletin metrics*|
|Opens - buyers exposed to promoted brands||2,900
|Clicks - buyers wanting more info||183
|Send to open rate||18.36%
|Open to click thru rate||6.31%
* Averages are based on the last 3 issues published
View the audience you could reach
See who you are reaching
When you are promoted in a bulletin, you can gauge the quality of your exposure through your
metrics dashboard. We report the job title, company and location of everyone who opened the
bulletin and everyone who clicked through to your promoted project, product or service.
Bulletins are included in all value-added subscriptions.
It takes less than two minutes to book and schedule a slot.
Book a demo
Watch the video
EXTERNAL WORKS print showcase
Get in the frame when designers and specifiers are looking for options at the start of a project.
EXTERNAL WORKS in print is the best place for buyers to get a clear overview of potential solutions from market leaders before searching online.
- Trusted and respected
- Sent on demand
- Visually rich
- Easy to browse
- Easy to bookmark
What you get
- Option of double page spreads, full pages or half pages
- Visually striking layouts designed and prepared by our expert team
- A minimum of 18 months high-quality exposure guaranteed
- Free pages if you have a concurrent 'multi-channel' marketing subscription
- Gives designers and specifiers a clear, illustrated overview of your key products and services
- Increases your chances of being approached or specified early in the project
|10,000 Guaranteed Circulation|
|Landscape and urban planning||450|
|Leisure and recreation||350|
|Highways and transportation||550|
|Property and architectural services||200|
|Landscape architects and designers||1,900|
|Architects and urban designers||1,800|
|Civil, structural and highways engineers ||900|
|Construction management surveyors||200|
|Civil engineering and construction||1,200|
|Landscape, sportsground and fencing||800|
|Property developers, housing associations||200|
|Government agencies: EA, DIO, GTs et al||175|
|Heritage and conservation||155|
|Leisure and recreation||180|
|Education and healthcare||300|
|Commerce and industry||80|
Free controlled and requested
The core readership reached is landscape architects, civil engineers, architects and quantity surveyors in major consulting,
contracting, government and client organisations who like using the book.
These professional decision-makers and
influencers are collectively responsible for the specification and implementation of the bulk of major projects in the UK.
"I use a combination of website and the book, but tend to look at the book first."
Senior Landscape Officer, Cardiff Council
VIEW THE AUDIENCE YOU COULD REACH
The text and layout is prepared by our editors.
All we need from you are high-quality, captioned illustrations.
Double page spread
Rates quoted are for solus insertions.
Print pages are included free of charge if you have a subscription extending as part of marketing
12 months from publication date - see subscriptions table for details.
REQUEST A FREE REVIEW COPY
EXTERNAL WORKS business list rental
Maximise returns on your direct marketing campaigns by tapping into our database of professional designers, specifiers and buyers.
Over 30,000 named business email addresses to choose from...
Decision-makers in key and complex organisations, including local authorities, and leading consulting, contracting and client organisations are thoroughly
researched and checked each year.
We don't supply generic emails - 98% of our contacts have named business email addresses.
- Named business email addresses
- Tailored to match your requirements
- Easy to segment by business sector, job role or geographical area
- Unlimited use during rental period
- GDPR and PECR compliant
- CTPS checked
Contacts can be selected by business activity, job function or geographical location. Address books can be de-duplicated against your own contacts to give you new business opportunity files.
Use our lists to
- Maximise the effectiveness of your direct marketing campaigns
- Generate high-quality leads for your sales team
- Build brand awareness
- Drive traffic to your website
- Easily quantify your return on investment
"A pleasure to work with such a knowledgeable team at ESI, they really know their market. The quality of contacts are always to a very high standard and the format in which databases are provided
makes it very simple to target campaigns effectively."
SLG Marketing Ltd
How it works
- Tell us who you want to target or call us to talk through your requirements
- Let us know when you need the address books
- Search and select
- We select contacts to match your profile by business sector, job function or location
- We process any contacts you want to include or exclude using email addresses you supply
- We provide you with a list profile and sample for approval
- We finalise the contact selection for you
- We provide you with a data file to import into your email or CRM system
- Contacts are classified by business activity, job role and location, making it easy for you to segment your data for specific campaigns
Business list rental rates
Cost per '000 business contacts per year
REQUEST A COUNT
Platinum marketing subscription
Gold marketing subscription
Silver marketing subscription
Bronze marketing subscription
Managed email campaigns
Make sure your email marketing complies with current legislation and gets
delivered in the right format to your intended audience by taking advantage of
our managed email campaign service.
What we will do for you
- Set up a responsive email template that suits your messaging style
- Include your branding in headers and footers
- Set up your campaign using source material provided by you
- Send you a proof for approval
- Add or suppress your contacts as required
- Send your campaign to an agreed schedule
- Provide campaign metrics and reports to help you assess ROI
- Include up to 5,000 email addresses from our database
- Supply contact details for opens and clicks for you to follow up as you wish
1. Contact details will not be supplied for any information channel the user has unsubscribed from. For example,
if one of our contacts is registered with the corporate telephone preference service (CTPS), you will not be given
their telephone number.
Managed email campaign rates
Responsive email template set up with your branding
First campaign set up, send and reporting
Additional campaigns set up, send and reporting
Campaign set up, send and reporting costs are based on you supplying source material for the email, including
subject line, headlines, copy, images, hyperlinks and on page forms if required.
Examples of recent managed email campaigns
Solution promotion using client's own lists and new opportunities files from ESI.info.
- 7,315 emails delivered,
- 1,579 unique opens.
Product design seminar invitation Edinburgh.
- 654 emails delivered,
- 180 unique opens.
Service promotion using client list and new ops from ESI.info.
- 3,625 emails delivered,
- 763 unique opens.
Product launch. List from ESI.info.
- 2,907 emails delivered,
- 466 unique opens.
Bespoke project capability promotion.
- 7,003 emails delivered,
- 1,627 unique opens.
Product and service promotion to niche market sector.
- 639 emails delivered,
- 69 unique opens.
To discuss how we can maximise effectiveness of your campaigns and save you the time and cost required to set up and manage your own campaigns.
Book a demo
Subscription options & rates
|Reach & Influence ||Variable||x10||x20||x50||x100|
|Online Illustrated Entries ||5||10||20||40||80|
|Print Showcase Pages ||1x half page||1x full page||2x full pages||4x full pages|
|Bulletin Features ||1x per year||2x per year||4x per year||8x per year|
|Online Monthly Features ||1x per year||2x per year|
|Button Ads |
|One Year Commitment ||£1045||£1880||£3125||£4,925|
|Two Year Commitment ||£960||£1,725||£2,870||£4,530|
|Three Year Commitment ||£920||£1,595||£2,750||£4,335|
|Extra Illustrated Online Entries ||£95||£80||£65||£50|
|Extra Bulletin Slots ||£155||£130||£105||£80|
|Extra Monthly Feature ||£105||£80|
|Extra Print Pages ||£750||£700||£600||£500|
|List Rental Cost Per 1000 ||£525||£450||£325||£275|
|4x Solus Email Campaigns ||£2,025||£1,760||£1,515|
|Solus Email Template Set Up ||£650||£650||£650||£650|
|Solus Email Cost Per Send ||£460||£460||£460||£460|
|Online Shopfront ||You build it||We build it||We build it||We build it||We build it|
|Online Search Rank ||3||2||2||1||1|
|Company About Page |
|Brand Logos |
|Classified Listings |
|Product & Service Entries |
|Max. Illustrations Per Entry ||1||12||12||12||12|
|Backlinks To Your Website |
|Product Specifications |
|Cross Selling Opportunities |
|New Entry Promotion |
|Social Media Links |
|Content Management System |
|Framework Creation |
|Full Entry Production ||5||10||20||40|
|Account Reviews ||Annual||Annual||Bi-annual||Quarterly|
|Website Metrics |
|Bulletin Metrics |
|Major Changes Service |
|Managed News |
"Lang+Fulton has subscribed to ESI's publications and websites since 2003. The services provided have always been of the highest possible standard."
UK Marketing Director, Lang+Fulton
EXTERNAL WORKS marketing opportunities
8pp, September 2018, 470KB
Terms and conditions
To see our marketing terms and conditions for paid-for subscriptions, please click one of the links below: