Independently physically impact-tested, conducted in accordance with PAS 68 by the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL). The RB980CR Sabre road blocker arrested a 7500kg vehicle travelling at 80kph (50mph) and achieved a PAS 68 classification of V/7500(N2)/80/90:8.5/0
Assembled in Avon Barrier's fabrication facilities the road blocker combines an RB880CR blocking system with a set of modular approach ramps constructed using heavy gauge materials to give maximum strength and durability. This makes the RB980CR the best solution to secure sites needing temporary and immediate high-security protection.
The road blocker comes with a push-button hold to run control as standard.
The road blocker can be customised to interface with a wide range of access control equipment to suit specific customer requirements. Available configurations include (but are not limited to) inductive loop systems, card readers, communication equipment and manned guard emergency systems.
This is a specialist high-security product designed for use with vehicles only and a full site risk assessment must be carried out at design stage to ensure that all relevant safety systems are included.
Where the blocker's control point is remote from the installation, fitting a recordable CCTV system is strongly recommended.
It is also strongly recommended that a debris protection skirt is fitted.
For safety reasons pedestrians, cyclists and motorcycles should not use a blocker-controlled roadway.
PAS 68 surface-mounted roadblockers provide temporary high level protection where sub-surface foundations are not practical.
The RB980CR Sabre road blocker is a PAS 68 impact-tested hostile vehicle mitigation solution that is simply bolted to the roadway; an effective means of securing a site quickly without the need for any civil works.
Designed in conjunction with the British military, these modular road blockers combine ease of transport and fast deployment with a high level of immediate protection and are ideal for temporary requirements, such as high-security control points for conferences or military checkpoints. The RB980CR is suitable as a logistic support barrier for use in theatre and support base protection.
- Physically impact-tested to PAS 68 criteria
- Multiple testing (4 different / independent tests)
- Modular construction
- Programmable logic control system
- Manual hand pump facility
- Manufactured from heavy gauge materials
- Confidence in proven performance
- Comprehensive understand of attack resistance
- No foundation requirements
- Fast deployment, operational within 1 hour (dependent on site conditions)
- Flexibility to interface with all forms of access control
- Operational under power failure conditions
- Strength and durability
- Debris protection skirt
- Emergency fast raise system
- Emergency buttons with lock down
- UPS backup for the electrical system
- Accumulator systems for hydraulic operation in power failure conditions
- Access and intercom systems
- Counterweight side barges
- Roadway fixing bolts
- Traffic lights and back-indication system
- Integral inset warning lights in blocking segment blocking segment