ACO Q-Brake Vortex is a vertical-vortex flow control system, designed to regulate stormwater flow before it discharges into watercourses or sewer networks.
It is suitable for a variety of SUDS applications including commercial and retail developments, residential developments, hard landscaping applications, public and private parking areas, distribution yards and industrial estates.
ACO Q-Brake Vortex minimises the risk of blockage in the watercourse and permits a higher flow rate at a lower head of water. This is because it has larger clear openings and can include outlet orifices six times larger than those of more conventional flow control systems, such as orifice plates or sized pipework.
The system is fitted with an integral bypass door, which in the event of a blockage can be opened to drain the unit of water. Once the water level within the manhole subsides, the unit can be cleared. A stainless steel wire is attached to the door and is run to cover level to provide control.
ACO Q-Brake Vortex is manufactured from grade 304 stainless steel making it durable and corrosion resistant. All seams are continuously welded in accordance with BS 4872 for maximum strength.
Each system is individually configured to suit specific performance criteria and can be made to fit a choice of manhole designs.
- Addresses planning and connection requirement of Floods and Water Management Act
- Tailored performance provides optimum hydraulic efficiency
- Reduces the need for on-site storage, lowering installation costs
- Available with a curved back for ease of installation
- Simplifies access and maintenance
- Removes the need for direct man access to sewer manholes
- Proven performance and reliability
- Approved by Severn Trent, Anglian and Scottish Water, and others
- Simple to install
- Regulates stormwater flows from 1-100 l/s litres per second
- Individually configured
- Self-activating system
- Larger clear opening, reduces risk of blockages
- Remote access for emergency drain down
- Remote access bypass door
- Inlet/outlet determined by laboratory verified curves
- Flexible fitting options to suit profile of manhole chamber