Avon's TG1000 Groundtrack automatic sliding gates are used for restricting access to a wider roads. They provide the same level of security as the company's cantilever gate, but require a shorter run-back area, making them suitable for installation in restricted spaces.
The sliding gate has been designed to be used with high traffic flows and varying environmental conditions. A range of sizes, infill options and finishes are available.
The ground track sliding gates are manufactured from RHS sections of sufficient strength to suit operating requirements which are dependent upon the gates opening width, height, type of infill (wind loading/weight) and the level of security required.
Installation and operation
The gate leaf is held vertically by a set of guide posts with adjustable guide rollers. It is driven by a rack and pinion mechanism. All drive units mechanically lock the leaves in position, and have the option for a positive locking mechanism.
In accordance with the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, BS EN 12453:2001 and BS EN 12445:2001.
- Safety edge to leading edge of gate leaf to prevent the gate closing on a person or vehicle
- Safety edges to internal and external motor posts
- Weldmesh infill
- Post-mounted audible alarm or flashing beacon
- Pedestrian guard rail around run-back area
- Safety induction loops cut into the road surface
- Safety photocells for pedestrians and high lorries