Bespoke timber-framed outdoor classrooms provide versatile spaces that are built to last, and provide children with the opportunity to enjoy outdoor learning, whatever the weather.
- Expanding vital classroom capacity
- Reconnect with nature
- Get children active and outside
- Sensory outdoor space
- Multi-purpose area
- Functional base for structured and unstructured learning
- Takes children away from the usual traditional classroom and opens up different learning approaches
- Taking learning / teaching outside keeps children engaged and able to enjoy the natural environment that surrounds them
Outdoor classrooms provide a healthy learning environment, and research shows that children who are exposed to nature tend to present higher levels of concentration and self-discipline; improved awareness, reasoning and observational skills; and also make further progress in reading, writing, maths and science – in addition to being better at working in teams; and showed improved behaviour overall.
The outdoor classroom also helps accommodate social distancing guidelines.
Bespoke, natural outdoor spaces can be installed in a week or less.
Timotay Playscapes offers a completely free consultation service to help clients design the right outdoor classroom for their requirements.