Moorland Mesh is a heavy-duty plastic mesh that provides a reinforced access road across moorland and soft boggy areas. The reinforcement mesh allows the native moorland plants to grow through the mesh whilst providing a stable access road.
Moorland Mesh provides a strong and stable track allowing relatively safe passage over the moorland by agricultural workers or ramblers and vehicles with little or no impact on the flora and fauna in the area.
Moorland Mesh is flexible enough to follow for undulating surfaces, including peat, and its open structure allows the native moorland plants to grow through. The reinforcement mesh is UV stabilized, will not rot nor leach any toxic chemicals into the surrounding ground.
The exact method of installation can vary from site to site, depending on local conditions. Normally, Moorland Mesh is pinned down in place and natural vegetation becomes entangled in the mesh over time, which helps to hold the mesh in place and improve stability.
Size and weight
- Width: 2.5m
- Length: 15m
- Thickness: 14.5mm
- Weight: 2kg/m2
- Weight per linear metre: 5kg
- Roll Weight: 75kg
Key features / benefits
- High level of reinforcement
- Suitable for permanent applications
- Can accommodate shallow slopes, undulating surfaces and peat ground
- Fast installation times
- No excavation or soil removal is normally required
- Higher slip-resistance than standard mesh products
- UV stable
- Rot-proof and will not leach chemicals into the ground