Dredging / silt pumping
AquaticEngineerings silt screens are designed to contain and control the dispersion of suspended solids and turbidity in water.
Silt screens minimise silt dispersion by improving settling times of suspended solids in a defined area, with less impact on the immediate and surrounding (downstream) aquatic habitat.
Silt screens are used in lakes, ponds, lagoons, quarries, rivers, canals and estuaries when work such as pile driving, dredging, weed cutting, bank reprofiling, quarrying, marine construction and erosion control systems are under construction.
The flexible, floating structure extends downward from the water surface to a specified water depth; the screen is maintained in a vertical position by closed-cell PU floats at the top, and a ballast chain along the bottom to anchor the screen to the river/lake bed.
• Closed-cell PU floats cannot be punctured.
• Anchor chain seals curtain to river/lake bed.
• Percolation from 0-70litres/s per m2.
• Bespoke joining system connects panels to create any length.
• A variety of float sizes, ballast chain weights and geotextile options make it a very flexible system.
• Screens are semi-permeable, but a 100% impervious system is also available.
• Low-visual impact when deployed.