IOTA was commissioned to supply 20 bespoke street planters of complex sculptural design for the Sugar House Island development in Stratford, London E15.
All planters were fabricated from 3.0mm corten steel, pre-weathered before shipment. They include a complex ‘cross break’ design detail in the faces, plus variable height rims.
20 planters in total were manufactured, including green screen planters and freestanding planters – the largest being 4000 (l) x 3000 (w) x 1000mm (h).
Very severe site falls were surveyed by IOTA, and sloped bases and adjustable feet were designed-in as necessary. Some planters were also designed to be movable via forklift.
IOTA’s planters were commissioned by Acre Landscapes Limited for Vastint UK, and the designs were based on concept drawings by Planit-IE.
About Sugar House Island
Sugar House Island is a 26-acre water-surrounded district in Stratford, East London, under current development by Vastint UK. Striking a balance between homes, offices, creative hubs and independent retailers, and surrounded by outdoor spaces and waterways, the Island will become a cohesive neighbourhood, inspiring human connection. When completed, Sugar House Island will deliver:
- 58,000m² offices (624,000ft²) bringing 2,500 jobs to the local area.
- 1,200 homes, with 40% 3-bed or more.
- 1.2 hectares (3 acres) of open space, including a riverside park.
- Restaurants, cafés and shops, all with an independent feel.
- A 350-bed hotel.
- 3 new bridges connecting the development with surrounding communities.