Outside the UK
Dublin City Council
Dublin City Council Parks and Landscape Services
Bespoke seating and signage
Dublin City Council undertook a broad-scale renovation of Merrion Square Park. The project was guided by the 2014 Conservation & Management Plan. The main focus of the renovation works was to recreate the original ‘jardin Anglaise’ layout. New elements, such as the park benches, have been designed with a clear acknowledgement of the Georgian roots of the park while embracing its place in 21st century Dublin.
Bespoke seating and signage was designed and developed in close conjunction between landscape architects within Dublin City Council Parks & Landscape Services and Omos.
Omos produced the cast iron and Iroko seating, the Iroko and stone benches, and the stainless steel signage.
Merrion Square was originally a private square for the sole use of local residents. It was purchased by the Catholic church in 1930 with the intention of building a cathedral on the site. The cathedral never materialised and Dublin Corporation took over ownership of the park in 1974.