Originally opened in 1850, Hatfield Railway Station underwent a £9m regeneration. Proposals provided by Brooks Murray Architects for the development included:
- extending the existing station
- providing a major bus interchange
- taxi rank
- drop-off area
- multi-storey car park
- landscaped public square
Work undertaken and materials supplied
Pomery Natural Stone sourced and supplied the following.
Granite setts in a 4-colour mix
A 4-colour mix of granite setts in buff, red, black and silver grey for the pavements and traffic calming reservation.
Setts were 150mm wide x 100mm thick x varying lengths.
Finish was fine-picked top and cropped sides.
Silver grey granite and black basalt setts
Silver and black setts for the drop-off area contrast strongly with the pedestrian pavements.
Setts were 150mm wide x varying lengths.
Corduroy tactile paving
Tactile paving was used on the steps leading down from the station.
Over 2000 linear metres of granite kerbs were supplied for the traffic calming central reservation and pedestrian walkways.