Product / system manufacture
Product / system supply
Watkins Gray International
Market Estate is situated next to Caledonian Park in the London Borough of Islington. It is named after the Metropolitan Cattle Market, opened by Prince Albert in 1855 as an alternative to Smithfield.
A major redevelopment includes a mix of residential units. As part of this scheme, significant improvements were made to Caledonian Park, including planting new trees and re-laying paths.
The Modena railing fence surrounds the formal landscaping and a children’s play area within the park and encloses an additional garden to the north.
Over 450m of standard and radiused fencing was supplied with double-leaf and pedestrian gates. 3m high fencing matching the Modena style, and a pair of bespoke gates were designed and manufactured to hang within stone pillars. These form an impressive entrance towards the Victorian Clock Tower; the clock was a prototype for Big Ben.
Finish: hot-dip galvanised and polyester powder coat - Mica Grey.