Product / system manufacture
Product / system supply
Watkins Gray International
Market Estate is situated next to Caledonian Park in the London Borough of Islington. It is named after the Metropolitan Cattle Market, opened by Prince Albert in 1855 as an alternative to Smithfield.
A major redevelopment of the estate includes a mix of residential units. As part of this scheme, significant improvements were made to Caledonian Park: planting new trees and relaying paths.
Modena railing fencing surrounds the formal landscaping and a children’s play area within the park, and also encloses an additional garden to the north.
Over 450m of standard and radiused fencing was supplied by Lang+Fulton with double-leaf and pedestrian gates. 3m high fencing, matching the Modena style, and a pair of bespoke gates were designed and manufactured to hang within stone pillars These form an impressive entrance towards the Victorian Clock Tower; the clock was a prototype for Big Ben.
Finish: hot-dip galvanised and polyester powder coated - Mica Grey.