To help architects, designers and contractors meet legal requirements that now tightly control the way surface water is managed, ACO has created its unique ‘Surface Water Management Cycle’ – Collect, Clean, Hold, Release – the four core processes now required for the complete and sustainable management of surface water drainage with a balance of proprietary products and SuDS features.
We focus on why we need surface water drainage; how to select an appropriate system from the perspective of design, materials, environmental impact, loading, aesthetics and the legislation used to ensure that the manufactured product is of the highest standard.
Looking at where it goes following its collection from the surface i.e. the natural environment or a combined sewer. How we treat this collected rainwater using oil, heavy metal separators and what level of treatment is required based on the SuDS mitigation Indices set out in The SuDS Manual (C753).
Learning outcomes include
• Understand the basic requirement for surface water management
• Learn how ACO approaches each element of Collect, Clean, Hold & Release
• Where to get access to applicable standards and guidance
• Understand load classes as per BS EN 1433 and the certification process
All ACO CPDs are available in-company, at the state of the art training facility at ACO UK headquarters or online.
Due to the current restrictions caused by Covid-19, we're happy to offer ACO CPDs online using Microsoft Teams.
Please get in touch for more details
- or email UKprofessionaldevelopment@aco.co.uk