During the redevelopment of the Liverpool Hope University campus, Lorenz von Ehren Nurseries supplied several large bonsai pine trees, umbrella-shaped Amalanchiers, and lime trees for the Angel Field Renaissance garden, which is found at the centre of the campus.
The garden was designed to offer a place for calm reflection and relaxation.
The planting schedule included:
- Tilia cordata Greenspire, overall height 500-700cm, overall spread 300-400cm, girth 50-60cm.
- Tilia platyphyllos Rubra, overall height 500-700cm, overall spread 300-400cm, girth 35-40cm.
- Carpinus betulus Fastigiata, overall height 500-700cm, overall spread 100-150cm.
- Taxus bacatta, overall height 300-350cm, overall spread 150-200cm.
- Pinus nigra austriaca, large bonsai, overall height 300-350cm, overall spread 200-300cm.
- Amelanchier lamarckii umbrella-shaped multistem, overall height 400-450cm, overall spread 200-300cm.