Caithness Flagstone paving is a highly durable, aesthetically-pleasing, natural stone flag.
It is very fine-grained with a dark grey colour which may weather to a fawn or ochre.
With high compressive strength, impermeability and a naturally formed anti-slip surface, Caithness Flagstone paving is well suited to streetscapes and city centre paving projects.
- Natural, durable sandstone paving
- Dark grey
- Riven surface finish
- High slip resistance
- Dimensions and thickness as required
- Used extensively for public realm and streetscape projects
- Quarried in Scotland
All material is processed to clients' specifications in any shape or size.
Thicknesses from 20 to 130mm.
Caithness Flagstone is from the old red sandstone of the Devonian age.
- Test results to EN1341
- Density: 2684kg/M3
- Slip resistance wet: 99
- Slip resistance dry: 59
- Flexural strength: 33.95 MPa
- Compressive strength perpendicular to bed: 226 MPa
- Compressive strength parallel to bed: 216 MPa
- Abrasion: 19.3mm
- Water absorption: 0.3% by mass