IOTA delivered a complete programme of large-scale, bespoke steel planters for the University of London's Duncan House student accommodation building in Stratford.
33 individual planters were supplied.
- 12 tree planters - 1475 (l) x 1475 (w) x 750mm (h)
- 5 tree planters - 2000 (l) x 2000 (w) x 1000mm (h)
- 2 tree planters - 3500 (l) x 1500 (w) x 750mm (h)
- 9 shrub planters - 5000 (l) x 1000 (w) x 500mm (h)
- 5 shrub planters - 2000 (l) x 1000 (w) x 500mm (h)
The planters are installed at street level, in public realm, around the building, and in two communal roof gardens.
The tree planters are manufactured from 3.0mm-thick zintec steel, and include standard tree planter features, namely: diagonal cross-braces, creating a large central void for tree root balls; 4 steel eye bolts in the base for tree anchor attachment; and adjustable feet.
The shrub planters are made from 2.0mm-thick zintec steel, with most being of multi-section construction.
All planters were polyester powder coated on all surfaces to RAL 7001 [Silver grey].