Essex County Council asked for a quote for the supply and installation of 60 Arun bus shelters as part of the improvement to passenger transport links between Essex, Southend and Thurrock.
The shelter installations had to be delivered to a tight timescale, with co-ordination between ground works, electricity supplies and the RTPI supplier.
The shelters were manufactured and installed to meet the requirements of the programme and other stakeholders.
One of the principle aims of the installation was to minimise the visits to site by the different contractors and, with the design of the RTPI bracket and internal wiring agreed with the sign supplier, the shelters were ready to accept the RTPI signs without the need for multiple site visits.
- Mild steel powder-coated framework
- 8mm toughened glass panels and solid panels
- Printed manifestations on glass
- Extruded aluminium glazing system
- Bronze solid polycarbonate roof glazing
- VIA mains LED lighting units
- Integral wiring
- GRP pad seating
- Increased head room to allow for cyclists
- RTPI-ready, including wiring and sign brackets
The shelter programme was met on time and within the budgets set by the client.