RootStart® is a microbial-based product designed to breathe life into soil and to lay the ‘biological’ foundation for sustainable urban planting.
Mycorrhiza occurs naturally in forest situations and is hugely beneficial to root systems, increasing the ability of roots to absorb vital water and nutrients from the soil. With the majority of new urban tree planting projects, locally sourced ‘manufactured’ soils are used and, although they are made to exacting mineral specifications and contain green waste and organic matter, they are frequently biologically inert and deprived of natural mycorrhiza.
In order to achieve an increased establishment rate of an urban root system, a small amount of RootStart® mycorrhizal fungi should be added.
- One treatment lasts a lifetime
- Reduced mortality for bare rooted, root balled and specimen plants
- Better drought tolerance
- Earlier and better growth
- Better uptake of fertilisers
- Increased uptake of trace elements plant health
- Easy to use