ACO RoadDrain® is a tough one-piece channel drainage system ideal for medium- to heavy-duty highway, distribution yards and airfield applications.
Manufactured from Vienite, ACO high-strength recycled polymer concrete, the one-piece system is strong and robust in design and the absence of separate gratings eliminates the risk of loss or vandalism. The integral channel and grating design also improves the inherent strength of the system.
Most significantly ACO RoadDrain® carries the BSI Kitemark which ensures that the recycled materials and the process used to manufacture it, produces a consistently high-quality BS EN 1433: 2002 marked product. The product is also fully compliant with national highways and transport agencies (UK) and National Roads Authority (ROI) requirements for motorway and major trunk roads.
ACO RoadDrain® is available in two channel widths; 100 and 200mm and has a variety of depths to suit many design schemes. Each unit within the range is 500mm in length to enable quick and simple installation. The system has a full range of accessories for simple connection to underground drainage. System maintenance is simplified by using ACO RoadDrain® rodding access units.
ACO RoadDrain® is certified to BS EN 1433: 2002 and can support Load Class performance up to and including F 900, which is ideal for very high wheel loads including airports and docks.
Specification requirements met
- Fully compliant to the Specification for Highway Works
- Kitemarked to BS EN 1433:2002
- Certified by a notified body to BS EN 1433: 2002 Load Class F 900
- CE marked by a notified body
Benefits for contractors
- Strong, rigid one-piece unit
- One-piece unit means no components can be lost or stolen
- Rapid unit installation
- No interlocking end joints for simple laying
- Easy to achieve excellent watertightness with sealing groove
- Light-weight for easy handling
Benefits for clients
- One-piece resin concrete construction is strong and rigid for lifetime integrity
- Integral unit eliminates lost or damaged gratings
- Flared inlet slot design minimises trapping of debris
- Access units and gullies for system maintenance
- Excellent frost resistance