GEOlight® stormwater management units are suitable for use in sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) for stormwater attenuation or soakaway infiltration.
The units are PVC modular honeycomb structures with high capacity, high compressive strength and low resistance to water flow.
GEOlight® soakaways gradually release stored water into the drainage system, directly into watercourses or the surrounding ground, where it can be gradually absorbed.
The units are wrapped in SDS impermeable membrane to prevent water seeping into the surrounding ground. A vortex flow unit controls the level of water released into the drainage system.
The GEOlight® system can be used under a range of surfaces including grass, porous and standard paving, tarmac and concrete.
Features and benefits
- Modular, lightweight geocellular systems
- High water storage capacity
- Can be used under a range of surfaces
- Good hydrocarbon resistance
- Ideal for higher BREEAM rating projects
GEOlight® stormwater management systems are suitable for use in all sectors, from industrial and transportation to residential and commercial.
- Flood prevention - the reservoir reduces the risk of flooding by storing stormwater
- Drainage channels - as an underground drainage channel that collects and drains away groundwater
- Water recycling - stored water can be pumped to a network of standpipes for irrigation
- Water pollution control - when used in combination with filtration devices and separators, it can replenish groundwater without the risk of contamination from oil, chemicals, hydrocarbons or suspended solids
- Embankment protection - it can be used to form the base of embankments that only weigh a fraction of earth embankments
Recycled rigid PVC
Dark grey to black
2000mm (L) x 1000mm (W) x 500mm (H) as standard
Other sizes available on request
200kN/m2 (GEOlight® 200)
400kN/m2 (GEOlight® 400)
Higher compressive strengths are also available, from 600 to 1000kN/m2
GEOlight® 200: >97%
GEOlight® 400: >95%
GEOlight® 200: 40kg/m3
GEOlight® 400: 55kg/m3