Air Spade is a specialised service for removing soil from around tree roots without damaging them.
Air Spade works by firing a stream of air at 1500mph, which displaces soil without damage to roots or services.
Loose soil can be removed using a soil vacuum.
Exposed roots are protected to prevent drying out or frost damage.
An Air Spade is the best way of removing decompaction from the root plates of trees.
- Mapping of tree roots and obtaining samples
- Installation of service trenches through tree Root Protection Areas (RPA's)
- Repair of services without damaging tree roots
- Removal of built up or contaminated soil from root plates
- Allows root pruning without damage to retained roots
- Decompaction, using radial trenching or across an entire area
Ruskins offers Air Spade root investigation services on a nationwide basis.