The Avon SB970CR Scimitar Security Bollard provides a high level of security against unauthorised vehicle access without the need for an outwardly aggressive appearance.
The PAS 68 impact tested bollard is an active automated bollard that is hydraulically operated, it stands 1000mm in its fully raised position and retracts to road level to allow authorised vehicles access.
It can be integrated with our other PAS 68 static bollards to create a cohesive protective perimeter around an area or building.
The active bollards are developed as a Hostile Vehicle Mitigation (HVM) product and are designed to withstand direct impact forces in excess of 1,800 KJ, the bollard provides protection from extreme Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED) attack to sites where aesthetics and public perception are a consideration.
The SB970CR Scimitar bollard is designed & physically impact tested in both single and dual formats conducted in accordance with BSi PAS 68 by the Transport Research Laboratory (TRL Ltd). The bollard remained operational post-test. It achieved a PAS 68 classification of V/7500(N2)/80/90:0/25. The bollard has also been tested in a dual formation and achieved zero penetration of the vehicle.
The bollard system can be customised to interface with a wide range of access control equipment to suit specific customer requirements. Available configurations include (but are not limited to) inductive loop systems, card readers, communication equipment and manned guard emergency systems.
Designed and manufactured by engineers with significant experience in the fields of high security and access control the SB970CR retractable bollard is simple to install in conjunction with BSi PAS 69 guidelines.
PAS 68 & IWA 14-1 tested bollards should be installed in accordance with the correct foundation drawings and should be installed with a clear distance of 1200mm (measured 600mm above ground level) between the facing edges of each bollard. Please refer to BSi PAS 69 or IWA 14-2 for guidance.
This is a specialist high security product and is designed for use with vehicles only and a full site risk assessment must be carried out at design stage to ensure that all relevant safety systems are included. Where the bollard control point is remote from the installation, we strongly recommend the fitting of a recordable CCTV system. For safety reasons pedestrians, cyclists and motorcycles should not to use a bollard controlled roadway.
- Physically impact tested to PAS68 criteria
- Multiple testing (single bollard / multiple bollards)
- Unobtrusive appearance
- Minimal foundation requirement (2.25 cubic metres)
- Manufactured from heavy gauge materials
- Manual hand pump facility
- Programmable logic control system
- 100% duty cycling
- Confidence in proven performance
- Comprehensive attack resistance and confidence in individual bollard performance
- Aesthetically acceptable
- Ease of installation
- Strength and durability
- Operational under power failure conditions
- Flexibility to interface with all forms of access control
- Traffic lights and back-indication systems
- Emergency buttons with lock down
- Inductive loop systems
- Access and intercom systems
- Interlocking systems to give air-lock type protection on sites for higher threat levels
- Decorative sleeves (fibre glass / stainless steel)
- UPS backup for the electrical system
- LPS 1175 cabinets available for HPU