Walkways / platforms
Magma precoated, heavy-duty slip-resistant safety panels are manufactured from birch plywood and fully encapsulated in epoxy resin.
They have an almost diamond-hard aggregate bonded into the wearing surface giving excellent slip resistance properties.
Magma safety panels are extremely durable. They can be used on external sites for applications such as footbridges, walkways, disabled access ramps, railway platforms, cycleways, pontoons, jetties and signal gantries.
- FT grade (foot traffic) 0.9-1.4mm
- HFT grade (heavy foot traffic) 1.4-2mm
- RT grade (road traffic) 3-5mm
- Plywood: birch throughout to BS 5268-2-4:1988, of certified quality and manufactured to BS 6566:1985, solid face veneers not lower than ISO grade III.
- Panel sizes: standard panels available in 1220x2440mm and 1525x3050mm sizes, and in 6, 12, 18 and 24mm thickness.
- Epoxy resin: non-solvented unmodified Bisphenol A epichlorohydrin resin.
- Mohs hardness 9.
- Polished stone value 70 (minimum).
Tactile MagmaTac tiles can be incorporated into Magma Safety Panels™ for use on footbridges and railway platforms.