Manchester City Football fans are at the heart and soul of the club. The development of a covered fan pavilion outside the existing stadium was key to being able to offer a greater fan experience.
The fan pavilion was to include a unique and modern looking stage canopy along with two large eye catching canopies covering new bars and café areas. Canopies serve as a landmark entrance to the stadium, offering wayfinding.
An essential part of the brief was the ability to turn the project around in a very small timeframe, ready for the start of the 2010/11 season.
- Organic fabric shapes enhanced the architecture of the existing stadium, creating a modern and visually stunning fan pavilion and entrance feature.
- Designed in co-ordination with BDP, the result was three bespoke structures with over 1500 sqm of coverage.
- The Xtage: a 38x10m Triple Conic was suspended between two crossing arch booms.
- Steelwork had integrated lighting and speakers, while the canopy covered an outdoor video screen.
- The Conics: 2 no. 5-bay 6 Conic walkway/pavilion canopies measuring 64x22m each.
- Canopies featured integrated lighting and rainwater management systems.
- A greater fan experience
- Increased ticket sales
- More families attending home matches
- Fan loyalty
- Increased revenue from food and beverage sales
- Increased revenue from merchandising
- Additional PR exposure