Avon Tyre Killer Barriers are designed for use in high security, high traffic applications. The Tyre Killer and the modular Tyre Killer SHARK are simple to install, highly secure vehicle control barriers; ideally suited for approach entrances to banks, military installations, airports, docks, cash collection depots, government offices or similar.
On approach by an authorised vehicle, the Tyre Killer teeth retract below ground level and are completely unobtrusive, parallel to the road surface, providing safe access for the vehicle. When the vehicle has passed, the teeth return to the active position, ensuring total protection from unauthorised vehicle intrusion. They can support wheeled vehicles with a load bearing capacity up to bridge class SLW 60.
Avon Tyre Killers and SHARK are available in widths of up to 6m metres. The SHARK consists of coupled blocking modules. As standard both our Avon Tyre Killer and Avon Tyre Killer SHARK are supplied with a three position keyswitch positioned in the drive column. however other access control options are available.
This is a specialist security product and is designed for use with vehicles only and a full site risk assessment must be carried out at design stage to ensure that all relevant safety systems are included.
It is recommended that the Tyre Killer is used in conjunction with a rising arm barrier and additional safety devices are used to prevent the barrier operating when an authorised vehicle is stationary over the teeth.
This product is only available for export outside of the UK and the EU.
- Height in raised position 215-450mm
- Electro-Mechanical operation (SHARK)
- Hydraulic operation (Avon Tyre Killer)
- Manual operation facility
- Shallow foundation
- Ready to install unit
- Push button “raise/stop/lower” or key switch “raise/stop/lower”
- Accumulator incl. rechargeable batteries for 3 movements (RO3)
- Key switch “fire brigade”
- Alternative RAL Colours
- Anti-terror push button (for emergency operation – EO)
- Light beam system
- Remote control receiver
- Hand-held transmitter
- Additional push button or key switch
- Single or double loop detector
- Key switch “automatic on/off”
- Traffic light red/green, D200
- LED permanent beacon with flashing function
- Blocking Height: 450mm
- Blocking width: 2000mm – 6000mm
- Operating time: Raising: approx. 2 sec., lowering: approx. 2 sec.
- Drive unit: Installed in separate drive cabinet
- Installation depth: 900mm
- Options: Accumulator incl. rechargeable batteries for 3 movements (RO3)
- Operating temperature range: -20°C – +60°C
- Colour (standard): Spike axle RAL 3000 flame red
- Underground housing RAL 7030 stone grey
- Cover plates RAL 1007 daffodil yellow
Tyre Killer SHARK
- Blocking Height: 215mm
- Blocking width: 2000mm – 6000mm in 500mm increments
- Operating time: Raising: < 1 sec lowering: < 1 sec
- Drive unit: Installed on left or right viewed from the outside
- Installation depth: 490 mm incl. 190 mm for drainage pipes
- Operating temperature range: Control Unit: -10°C – +50°C
- Drive Unit: -25°C – +65°C
- Colour (standard): Spikes RAL 3000 flame red
- Underground housing RAL 7035 light grey
- Cover plates RAL 7035 light grey
- Drive housing RAL 7035 light grey
- Drive column RAL 7035 light grey