Seedlings and freshly laid turf needs a boost to get it off to the best start. Although turf is made up of mature plants the process of harvesting and transporting puts a huge strain on the individual grass plants. The key to a great lawn is in rapid establishment. Until turf roots into soil the it will have to survive off its own resources. Encouraging rapid rooting will ensure the lawn is healthy, green and strong. Seedlings too need a little help to get started. Slow germination and growth will give opportunist weeds the chance to get established. By using Rapid Roots you are ensuring a newly planted lawn has the right balance of nutrients to encourage root growth, retain nutrients and promote healthy leaf growth. The unique formula of Rapid Roots means it can be applied either to the soil before seeding or laying turf, or on top of newly laid turf. Although Rapid Roots was developed as a feed for use in the early stages of growth it can also be used as a general pick me up at any time of the year.
The turf feed can be applied all year round, however, for best results we recommend avoiding application during heat waves or droughts.
- Magnesium oxide within the turf feed aids the rate of chlorophyll, which results in a beautiful green lawn
- Nitrogen to promote leaf growth
- Phosphorus in order to build strong, healthy and clean roots
- Potassium to prevent lawn disease as well as increasing the roots water absorption rate
- Humates and Trace Elements to increase nutrient retention, which results in fewer nutrients to be washed away
- Seaweed to stimulate bacteria within the soil which will release more nutrients to your soil
- All these minerals and nutrients encourage grass seed germination; the time it takes for grass to grow
Our Pre-Seeding/Turfing Feed contains nitrogen, this is used in order to increase and promote leaf growth. The magnesium oxide aids the lawns to give a gorgeous, green colour. The phosphorous encourages healthy, disease-free and strong roots. We have developed Harrowden Turf Rapid Roots with ingredients to improve the plants’ nutrient retention. This increases the effectiveness of the fertiliser. Finally, we add seaweed to stimulate the soil bacteria, which overall increases fertility.
Rapid Roots Encourages A Healthier Lawn After Turfing
To use as a pre-turfing fertiliser, we recommend that you apply to the soil at the stated dose then work in the granules into the top 20-30mm with a rake. Once the turf is laid, it is important to water well. If you have some Rapid Roots left over you can apply this onto the established lawn six weeks after laying, this will provide the grass with sufficient nutrients for the first six months of growth.
8% Nitrogen (N)
4% Phosphorus Pentoxide (P2O5)
8% Potassium Oxide (K2O)
3% Magensium Oxide (MgO)
Each tub covers 100m² at the recommended dose of 20g/m²