VRSSoundBlok is a road safety barrier with a special noise-absorbing element. With an overall height of 900mm, the system is just as tall as other common, modern guardrail systems but in addition it will significantly reduce noise levels in protected areas.
80% of all traffic noise on roads comes from the interaction of the asphalt and the wheels of passing vehicles. With a sound source that low, there is no need for a massive barrier to block the noise, if a screen can be brought close enough to the traffic.
The noise-absorbing guardrail system is equipped with unique perforated steel beams and special panels with stone wool filling from ROCKWOOL, that allows high noise reduction levels and impressive results in tests according to the European Norm EN 14388.
Apart from its noise-absorbing abilities, it is also a fully functional vehicle restraint system, crash-tested to the European Norm EN 1317.
All steel parts are hot-dip galvanised for maximum life span and enduring performance.
- Noticeable noise reduction up to 5dB* and more
- High level of road safety (L1-W4-A)
- Significantly reduced costs in purchase, installation and maintenance
- Less intervention into landscape
- Free view for road users and residents
- Fast installation, no special foundation
- High durability