Falco was delighted to work with the teams at the London Boroughs of Camden and Westminster to roll-out their latest phase of residential bike hangars.
FalcoPods were installed this Winter and residents from both Councils are now enjoying access to the latest on-street bike hangars.
As well as manufacturing and installing the FalocPods, Falco is providing a fully managed service with both key rental management for the residents and bike hangar maintenance on behalf of the Camden and Westminster Highways and Infrastructure teams.
The Falco Rentals website enables residents to look for free spaces in the FalcoPod Bike Hangar network, book an available space and pay online, all in one place. The Falco Rentals website also provides a useful video along with other ideas and tips on safely looking after a bike.
The FalcoPod bike hangar is a robust on-street cycle parking solution designed to meet the needs of cyclists who don’t have access to private cycle parking facilities. The improved innovative shape means that users no longer have to remove some baskets or child seats when storing their bike.
Falco design is both evolutionary and innovative by nature and the new FalcoPod is no exception. This is the third generation of ‘bike hangar’ type product building on the pedigree of the original street locker the ‘Midi Bike Box’ with some great new features over existing products:
- Size - fits in half a car parking space and houses 6 bikes, with covered weather protection.
- Family inclusive – with an ergonomically improved design, the additional space/height (55% more) means there is no need to remove child seats or baskets from the back or front of bikes.
- Bike security - the six place FalcoSound bike rack has three locking points including the ability to use a ‘D’ lock through the rear wheel and frame.
- Easy access - single door with integral lock and gas strut for assisted lifting.
- Bike Hangar Management and Maintenance
Through our ‘Falco Rentals’ team, Falco now offers local authorities and private companies a fully managed bike hangar service dealing with key management and public payments as well as a regular planned maintenance service to support the council with its ongoing public service maintenance obligations.