This is the first product that was developed by CED for its CEDEC® range, and was developed for use at Canary Wharf. The base product is a mixture of grey and pink granites.
CEDEC® footpath gravels form a firm but porous structure that retains moisture yet allows any excess to flow through. The materials used are specially graded decorative aggregates ideal for areas where the traffic is too heavy for grass but where a natural appearance is desired.
CEDEC® footpath gravels comprise granite and quartzite‚ which are chemically inert and durable and will not affect the pH value of the surrounding soil. This is important where newly planted trees or pH-sensitive plants are sited and it’s porous nature is good for trees generally. In order to function effectively‚ CEDEC® needs to be rained upon and walked upon; it will not be effective indoors or under permanent shelter.
After compaction‚ coverage of CEDEC® footpath gravel‚ is approximately 10m2 per tonne @ 50mm thick‚ compaction being about 25%. So‚ to compact to 50mm‚ an initial non-compacted layer of 65mm is required.
- Apparent particle density (Mg/m³): 2.67
- Water absorption (%): 0.56
- Los Angeles coefficient (LA): 19
- Micro-deval coefficient (MDE): 10
- Magnesium sulphate soundness: 6
- Aggregate abrasion value (AAV): 6.3
- Polished stone value (PSV): 59
- Ph value: 8.9
- Ten % fines test (kN): 220
- Ten % fines test [soaked] (kN): 260
- Bulk density [compacted] (Mg/m3): 1.49