Mitigating Climate Change Through Urban Tree Planting
Inspired by our popular best practice tree planting CPD, Mitigating Climate Change Through Urban Tree Planting explores the present and future challenges that our urban conurbations face due to rising global temperatures, and the ways in which we can mitigate this through the strategic implementation of green infrastructure - specifically canopy volume trees. This CPD looks at how we can integrate trees into hard landscape areas to ensure they reach species potential.
- Challenges faced in our towns and cities.
- Combatting Heat Stress. Heat island effect and how urban trees can help.
- The principals of best practice tree planting and achieving long term canopy cover.
- The true value that urban tree planting brings - shade, evapotranspiration and more.
- Enabling resilient cities.
- Highlighting the work of “Cool Towns” EU Funded pilot schemes.
- Utilising tree pit systems, raingardens & swales for stormwater management and severe flooding events.
Duration: 1 Hour
Please allow time at the end for any
questions or advice on projects.
Free Lunch and Networking
All CPD’s are offered with a free buffet
lunch - a great chance to network with our
technical consultants and experts.