The Terra Lunar Bridge Bollard system provides protection for bridges against vehicle attacks. It is able to sit within the bridge kerb structure utilising an ultra-shallow foundation of 75mm.
The system was impact-tested to IWA 14 at Horiba MIRA and successfully stopped a 7.2t vehicle travelling at 30mph at a shallow attack angle of 30°, resulting in zero penetration. At time of print, this is the best result in the world from a bridge protection bollard system. This means the bollard system successfully protected the pathway and cycleway as there was no encroachment by the vehicle. The Terra Lunar Bollard system was not damaged after the impact test and remained fully upright.
- IWA 14 classification code: V Static /7200[N2A]/48/30:0.2
- Height above concrete plinth: 960mm
- Diameter: 219mm
- Construction: S355 structural steel plate is a high-strength low-alloy European standard structural steel
- Ultra shallow foundation depth: 75mm, topping 30mm
- Finish: shotblasted, hot zinc sprayed (galvanised), primed and finished with a final coat of polyurethane paint
- Optional finish: 316 stainless steel satin finish or bead-blasted sleeves with dome or mitre tops Other decorative sleeves available on request
- Accreditations: Secured by Design