Gripsure offers a CPD on specifying decking, lasting for around 45 minutes with questions being welcomed throughout this interactive session. A range of samples will accompany the presentation, demonstrating the different features and benefits of the products available on the market.
Gripsure’s CPD presentation is applicable to a number of core RIBA curriculum topic areas and addresses a range of design considerations for specifying deck boards including:
- Types of timber and their performance – softwood, hardwoods, modified timbers and composites
- Applications – balcony and roof terraces, boardwalks, visitor attractions, marinas, schools, extra care schemes
- Treatment – preservative and fire
- Slip resistance – HSE accident statistics and all-year-round usage
- Strength grading and span tables
- Certification schemes – FSC® and PEFC®
- Part M of the Building Regulations – Access to and use of buildings
- Installation and maintenance
Contact Tom Anderson to discuss booking a CPD with Gripsure by completing the enquiry form opposite with available dates for a presentation at your practice or via video call.