Gripsure would like the opportunity to deliver our CPD on specifying decking to your practice. Our presentation lasts for around forty-five minutes with questions being welcomed throughout this interactive CPD. A range of samples will accompany the presentation ranging from natural and modified timber to composite boards, demonstrating the different features and benefits of the products available on the market.
Gripsure’s CPD presentation is applicable to a number of core RIBA curriculum topic areas and addresses a range of design considerations for specifying deck boards including;
• Types of timber and their performance – softwood, hardwoods, modified timbers and composites
• Applications – balcony and roof terraces, boardwalks, visitor attractions, marinas, schools, extra care schemes
• Treatment – preservative and fire • Slip Resistance – HSE accident statistics and all-year-round usage • Strength grading and span tables • Certification Schemes – FSC® & PEFC®
• Part M of the Building regulations – Access to and use of buildings
• Installation & maintenance
If you have any specific topics or questions regarding decking you would like us to cover in the CPD please let us know in advance and we will endeavour to cover them. After the presentation, there will also be the opportunity to discuss projects or points from the presentation with the presenter in more detail.
Gripsure are a company dedicated to quality and reliability with a reputation built on an efficient and reliable service. Customers include Alton Towers, the National Trust, the Eden Project, Audley Villages and the Berkeley Group. With over 30 years of experience in non-slip coatings, and excellent slip resistance ratings independently tested under BS7976, you can trust Gripsure to keep you on your feet.
If you would like to discuss booking a CPD from Gripsure, please contact Tom Anderson with the dates that you have available and we would be delighted to put something in the diary. As part of our offer, Gripsure will also reimburse your practice for the cost of refreshments for the presentation. Alternatively – if your CPD slots are fully booked we are happy to visit your practice to discuss decking ranges and project requirements that you have.
E: email@example.com T: 07958192097