Epsom and Ewell is a mixed secondary school in Surrey for 11 to 18 year-olds. The school required a MUGA that could support its aim of increasing participation in sports and providing a space that would benefit all students.
- Early-stage design guidance.
- Drainage improvements.
- Levelling of the playing surface.
- Installation of Generation 2 sand-filled synthetic turf playing surface.
- Replacement of surrounding fencing and pedestrian gates.
- Creation of single football/hockey pitch with separate cross-court facilities.
Lightmain provided design guidance in the early stages of the project in relation to the school's old, formal tarmac sports area. It was decided that the school would benefit from installing a MUGA as a replacement for the original surface, which had deteriorated.
After improving the drainage and completely levelling the playing surface, Lightmain laid Generation 2 synthetic turf as the new playing surface. The orginal fencing and pedestrian gates were removed and replaced with a single, large-sized football/hockey pitch. The pitch features four separate cross-court, multisport facilities with 5m-wide goals.
The finished court size measures 68.5 x 34m. It represents a completely bespoke solution which helps keep children active and engaged.