- 2mm-thick corten steel
- Naturally weathers to develop a protective rust
- Incredibly strong and durable
- Pre-weathering service available
- No minimum order
ADSKS1 41 x 46 x 100cm; 41kg
About corten steel
- Corten steel was originally developed for industrial uses such as bridge building and construction as it is incredibly strong.
- It is favoured by garden designers and landscapers for its striking rusty appearance which is formed during the weathering process.
- The weathering process takes approximately 3-9 months.
- The rust acts as a protective barrier, which does not penetrate or compromise the structural integrity of the material.
- During the weathering process the Corten steel produces carbon run off which can cause staining to adjacent materials such as stone or concrete.
- To prevent staining or damage to surfaces, it is recommended that you do not place a Corten steel product on a surface which will stain until the weathering process is complete.
- After the initial weathering period where the reaction can cause this run off, the Corten steel will self- seal with little to no carbon run off.
- Corten steel is extremely durable and has a very high resistance to atmospheric corrosion, making it ideal for use in fire pits, planters and water features.