Leisure and hospitality
IOTA was contracted to deliver a new frontage to the Bedford Hotel on Southampton Row, London WC1, one of seven unique properties within the Imperial London Hotels portfolio.
Working from a design concept supplied, IOTA’s contractual responsibilities covered all other areas of delivery: survey, design, manufacture, supply and installation.
The design concept was by IPA Architects; and the works were commissioned by Connor Construction on behalf of the client, Imperial London Hotels.
Scope of works
- Structural steelwork
- Galvanised steel sub-frame
- External cladding in 3.0mm aluminium, powder-coated to Tiger Drylac C34
- Internal cladding, as above, to entrance lobby
- Laser cut-outs to external / internal cladding, in Acer leaf pattern, plus acrylic infills
- Bedford Hotel signage, in stainless steel plus acrylic lettering
- Entrance arch lighting
- Electrical design and installation for lighting to cladding, signage and entrance arch
- Glass entrance canopy
- Zintec steel planters