Product / system manufacture
Product / system supply
|Contract value (£)||
Stoke City Council
Ruth Smith, Landscape Architect
Normandie recycled plastic bin bays
Mier Estate, a large council-owned estate in Staffordshire, is part of a regeneration scheme pioneered by Stoke City Council and Kier Stoke.
As part of the scheme, bin bays have been installed to make neat and hygienic collection and storage areas for the recycling bins. Previously the bins were scattered across car parking spaces and pathways as there were no defined bin storage points.
The majority of bin bays were installed using ground sockets, but for those needing installation on gradients, panels with extended legs were used so the bays could be 'stepped'.
- 100% recycled plastic panels are extremely robust, will not splinter, crack or rot and can be jet-washed without harm to the material.
- Louvre style boards allow air to circulate, preventing a build up of unpleasant smells around the bins.
- Panels are pre-assembled and available in various heights and widths.
- Natural colours (brown, green, grey) blend in with the environment.
- Powder-coated ground sockets complement the panels.