|Panel dimensions (l x w)||
708mmL x 354mmW
|Panel weight (kg)||
|Cell depth (mm)||
The ArborRaft System combines nutrient rich soil with strong geocellular units. Together they create a healthy growing space for trees in areas subject to vehicle loadings and heavy traffic.
Individual ArborRaft units are locked together to form a raft system that sits within the tree pit, providing load bearing support and reducing soil compaction.
The ArborRaft System works by spreading the load of any vehicle movements around the tree’s rooting area. This eliminates soil compaction of the growing medium within the pit and maintains the ideal growing environment for the trees to establish and mature. Roots grow naturally and essential oxygen, nutrients and water flow freely through the growing medium.
The open structure of the individual units acts as an air gap, diverting root growth away from the pavement towards nutrient-rich soil.
- Creates perfect growing environment for trees
- Simple and quick to install
- Structural strength absorbs the impact of loads and protects roots
- No root damage to streets, due to air gap
- Accommodates a variety of project scenarios and any tree pit size
- Manufactured from recycled materials
- Can be implemented in SuDS
- Can take HGV loadings (Compressive strength up to 715 kN/m²)
Use with ArborRaft soil for optimal nutrient content, moisture and aeration.