GrassProtecta® heavy-duty polyethylene mesh reinforces grassed surfaces prone to wear and smearing e.g. permanent car parking and heavily-used pedestrian areas. The oscillated mesh structure provides greater traction and significantly higher slip resistance when compared with standard mesh alternatives. GrassProtecta® mesh is available in two thicknesses: 14mm and 11mm.
GrassProtecta® mesh is simple to install. The sward grows through the mesh apertures and knits with the filaments to create a strong, discreetly reinforced surface which is capable of withstanding vehicle loads, limiting damage and helping to reduce compaction by reducing direct contact with the soil surface. The grass can be mown, rolled and fertilised as normal during this period and the mesh soon becomes unobtrusive.
GrassProtecta® reinforcement mesh can also be installed onto newly-landscaped areas and seeded as required. It is strongly advised that newly-installed areas remain untrafficked until the sward and the grass protection mesh have knitted – normally after a few weeks during the growing season, increasing to a few months out of season. Immediate use may restrict growth and limit the effectiveness of the grass reinforcement mesh installation.
- High level of reinforcement – up to 8t per static axle load on firm ground
- Suitable for permanent applications
- Can accommodate shallow slopes
- Fast and cost-effective installation
- No excavation or soil removal is normally required
- Higher slip-resistance than standard mesh products
Standard Grade (11mm) grade is suitable for:
- Light-usage, overflow car parks
- Wheelchair (DDa) access routes
- Golf-buggy paths
- Heavily-pedestrianised paths
Heavy Grade (14mm) grade is suitable for:
- Overflow car parks
- Light-aircraft taxiways
- Caravan sites and other holiday areas
- Verge stabilisation