SDS Aqua-Filter™, in conjunction with SDS Aqua-Swirl™, is a hydrodynamic separation and filtration system for the removal of fine sediments, nutrients, heavy metals and hydrocarbon pollutants from surface water runoff.
Aqua-Filter™ can be used as part of a complete surface water management programme, for example, when connected downstream to a GEOlight® stormwater infiltration or attenuation system and upstream to an Aqua-Swirl™ oil and debris separator.
It is able to deal with large volume surface water runoff, removing very fine silts and dissolved pollutants that are contained in the initial flush.
Aqua-Filter™ should be installed in an offline configuration using an upstream diversion structure which directs only the designed water quality treatment flow through the system. Multiple system configurations can be implemented to allow for higher treatment flow capabilities.
Features & benefits
- Compact, lightweight unit
- Large volume treatment capacity
- No moving parts
- Twin access manholes
- Filtration media supplied in bags
- Available in a range of lengths, bespoke sizing available
- Easy maintenance
- Removes up to 80% of the suspended solids, including nutrients, heavy metals and hydrocarbons
- Eliminates 40% of total phosphorus
- Polished water can be discharged into sensitive watercourses, in line with the European Water Framework Directive (WFD 2015)
Constructed in HDPE plastic.
Filter media include Perlite, Zeolite, activated charcoal and organic matter.
How it works
Water is pre-treated in a swirl separation chamber. This is followed by secondary treatment in a filtration chamber, where fine sediments, nutrients, heavy metals and hydrocarbons are filtered out through percolation, adsorption, biological breakdown and ionic exchange.