EUROFLEX® Sound Slab is an impact protection slab with an integrated sound module.
Vertical pressure and release on the motif (e. g. cow, sheep, bear, locomotive, number) on the surface of the slab creates an acoustic sound. Depending on the motif it is either an animal sound (the mooing of a cow, the bleating of a sheep or the roaring of a bear) or the whistle sound of a locomotive.
As for the number slabs (with numbers from 1 to 9), each number has its own specific sound. By hopping from number to number children can create their own little 'concert' with 9 different sounds.
The sound module system operates 100 % mechanically and is maintenance-free.
The slabs can be used as fall-impact protection surfacing in conformance with EN 1177:2008 under outdoor playground equipment for fall heights up to 1.4m.
- Children playgrounds
- Schoolyards, kindergartens and day care facilities
- Amusement parks
- Tested according to DIN EN 1176-1:2008
- Unharmed by weathering and extreme temperatures
- Made from high-quality recycled rubber granulate and PU binding agents
- Critical fall height determined by the Head Injury Criteria (HIC) method
- Highly resilient, unharmed by weathering
- Suitable for under outdoor playground equipment for fall heights up to 1.4m
- Adjacent tiles interconnected with pre-inserted pins ensure the safe and secure surface
- Large drainage capacity provided by dimple texturing on lower surface
- Cost-effective to install with great freedom for design
Base slab: recycled rubber granulates
Motifs: EPDM rubber
Numbers: EPDM rubber with recycled rubber granulate
Binding agent: coloured PU binding agent
Slabs: red and green
Motifs: blue (according to EPDM colour range)
Numbers: blue, grey, red (according to EPDM colour range)
Available as 500mmx500mm tiles, with 50mm thickness for a max. fall height of 1.4 metres.
Tolerances: length and width ± 0,8%, thickness ± 2 mm.