EUROFLEX® Impact Protection Slabs are used to create shock-absorbent surfacing systems for protection when children jump or fall to the ground by attenuating the impact and reducing the risk of injury.
The use of shock-absorbent floor systems is a requirements of DIN EN 1177:2008. This standard requires shock-absorbent flooring for a fall height of 60cm or more.
The tiles are also effective as an elastic floor covering in nursing homes and rehabilitation centres, multi-generation recreation facilities, schoolyards, as well as under gymnastic and climbing equipment.
EUROFLEX® Impact Protection Slabs are available in various types and designs.
Alphabet, number and theme slabs, as well an EPDM Glitter slab, are ideal for designing playgrounds in schools, kindergartens and day care facilities. They offer educational and visual enhancement for all sports and play areas and amusement parks.
- Children playgrounds
- Multi-generation recreation facilities
- Schoolyards, kindergardens and day care facilities
- Amusement parks
- Nursing homes and rehabilitation centres
- Under gymnastic and climbing equipment
- Highly effective, uniform cushioning protection
- Highly resilient, unharmed by weathering and extreme temperatures
- Suitable for under outdoor playground equipment for fall heights from 0.6–3.0m, e.g. under swings, climbing frames, tree-houses, see-saws and slides, as well as beneath outdoor fitness equipment
- Great freedom for design
Manufacture & Installation
- Made from high-quality recycled rubber granulate and PU binding agents
- Environment-friendly manufacturing process
- Large drainage capacity provided by dimple texturing on lower surface
- Adjacent tiles interconnected with pre-inserted pins ensure a safe and secure surface
- Easy to cut and adapt, e.g. to supporting feet of playground equipment
- Cost-effective installation
- ISO 9001 certified, with third-party QC inspection
- Critical fall height determined by the Head Injury Criteria (HIC) method
- Compliant with impact protection standards EN 1177:2008 and ASTM F 1292:2009
- Compliant with EN 71/3 Safety of Toys / Migration of Certain Elements
- Compliant with national equipment safety laws
- Compliant with fire and abrasion resistance standards
- Complete traceability of the raw-materials through to the final product by using production
codes on every single slab