The loading bay at the newly-built retailers staff shop in Doncaster needed to be accessible by Class 2 HGV trucks, transit vans and parcel lorries. In order to get planning permission, the new access road and turning point needed to conform to the latest SuDS (Sustainable urban Drainage Systems) requirements. It also needed to obtain the best BREEAM rating possible in relation to the product used having the lowest environmental impact.
The access road needed to be fully permeable, not to contribute to water runoff, and able to manage the dynamic loadings imposed by regular trafficking of trucks weighing up 32 tonnes over two axles.
A little or no maintenance access road that would be secure in all weathers and temperatures was a further requirement.
TRUCKGRID-Max permeable paving grids with a gravel finish were chosen. These heavy-weight, thick recycled plastic porous pavers are suitable for road surfaces, parking areas and loading bay areas where delivery lorries, HGVs or vans will be using regularly.
Being made from fully recycled plastics, TRUCKGRID-Max meets the environmental objective.
The access road and turning point were created following construction profile guidelines available from Suregreen's website.
- The access road meets the latest SuDS regulations
- Fully permeable
- Cost effective to install
- Extra on-site drainage installation costs were avoided
- The ecological impact was kept as low as feasible
- Labour saving and safe to lay - the weight of each piece allows it to be installed by one person
- Hardwearing with a high resistance to frost impact
- Designed for HGVs, lorries and cars