To celebrate the company's 50th Anniversary, Cotswold Estates and Gardens designed a garden for the RHS Malvern Spring Festival.
The design was to be a modern, stylish and structured space, softened with naturalistic, flowing planting.
Cotswold's designer Amy Perkins used materials that were inexpensive, rural and agricultural in feel in a contemporary way, creating a space for entertaining.
Water, sinuous curved walls and fenceline created movement and a sense of a journey through the garden as a metaphor for the changing trends and economic cycles experienced by the company over its 50 year history.
The garden is designed for a client that has strong connections to the Cotswolds, with a love of modern, contemporary design, requiring a space in their garden to entertain, relax and escape to. It is inspired by the natural environment and the local, rural materials of the Cotswolds.
- Cotswold Stone Quarries Ltd, Naunton – Walling stone
- Ermin (Plant Hire Services) Ltd, Cirencester – Tool hire
- Haileywood Sawmill Ltd, Cirencester – Oak posts and seat top
- Kingsdown Nurseries, Swindon – Specimen shrubs
- Landscapeplus, Crudwell – Water pump
- Nature First Ltd, Gloucester – Trees
- PB Safety Supplies, Gloucester – Workwear & Safety Equipment suppliers
- Rowntree Partnership Ltd, Gloucester – Consulting Structural Engineers, building structural design