Agrosil® LR is an electrolyte system consisting of partially dehydrated sodium silicate and phosphate. Phosphate has a strong stimulating effect on the root. It is, however, quickly fixed in the soil and unavailable to plants. Phosphate fertiliser typically only penetrates the soil to a depth of 5cm but roots benefit from a sufficient amount of phosphate at a deeper level.
Agrosil® LR keeps phosphate completely available and carries it down to a depth of 30cm. The mobile silicate particles congregate in the soil to form large molecules, silicate gels. These molecules are full of pores which improve soil structure and promote greater drainage, gas exchange and good health in even the poorest of soils, sandy rootzones, alluvil sand, compost and manufactured soils.
The silicate gels of Agrosil® LR lock up heavy metals such as lead or cadmium so tightly that they can no longer be taken up by the plant, this allows growth to be possible again on contaminated sites. Grass plants take up silicate and store it in the cell walls which protect them against infection from fungal pathogens such as fusarium and leaf spot.
- Granule size: 1-2mm
- Spreading rate: top dressing turf 50g/m2; top dressing turf and brushing with aeration/core holes 80g/m2; applying under turf 100-120g/m2; applying at time of seeding 35-50g/m2
- Period of usage: all year
- Improves soil structure
- Promotes deep rooting
- Creates water and air storage cells
- Protects against fungal infections
- Increases nutrient uptake
- Keeps phosphate available and beneficial to plants
- Enables growth in contaminated soils
- Improved growth on road verges where pollutants and high salt levels are a problem