Mole Valley District Council wanted to provide its community with free and effective outdoor gym equipment to improve activity levels locally. The project was the first of its kind in the borough and was installed in a socially deprived area to give the community an opportunity to exercise without having to pay gym fees. The site was adjacent to a sports field and close to a school, complementing current facilities and is ideally situated to entice local pupils.
Proludic presented the innovative Urbanix outdoor gym range, which is the only one of its kind on the market in the UK. The difference between Urbanix and other outdoor gym equipment is that Urbanix uses hydraulic pistons to offer 8 levels of resistance, whereas other equipment only uses body weight. Urbanix therefore allows for a progressive workout.
Within days of installation, multiple boot camps and fitness instructors were using the equipment, all praising its usability and quality. Mole Valley District Council are very pleased with the project and are now looking to install more sites across the borough.
“Of all the outdoor exercise machines I’ve used before, I was yet to come across equipment which uses hydraulic adjustable resistance, until Urbanix that is! I found the instructions concise and easy to follow, Urbanix provides a great workout for my clients!” Jordana Moral – Personal Trainer
“The Council are very pleased with the project and are looking to install more throughout the borough. Excellent installation team which are very helpful, neat and I would highly recommend using them” – Tony Wynn, Senior Parks Officer
Urbanix range info
Unlike other gym equipment, Urbanix has a patented user controlled hydraulic piston which provides 8 levels of resistance. This allows the user to control your workout to a level that suits your own ability whilst offering progression as fitness improves.
- Each station offers bi-directional resistance targeting different muscle groups – enabling users to work out at their own pace and encouraging repeat visits.
- Clear signage is provided for each piece of equipment with QR Codes which link to virtual coaching videos – helping to ensure the equipment is used properly and providing the user with excellent personal training.
- Ergonomically designed seating, foot, hand and back supports provide a comfortable and safe work out.
- Products have been tested to DIN 79000 by TUV Rheinland for durability.
- The modern, contemporary design and low visual impact fits into any environment.