25 November 2014
Platipus Anchors introduces a new development in underground tree anchoring solutions.
The D-MAN is designed primarily to replace the traditional deadman method of fixing, such as kerbstones or sleepers, in areas where normal underground anchors are impossible to use due to services / shallow soil / roof gardens or gas tight membranes on brownfield sites.
The D-MAN Structural System alleviates many problems caused by planting in restricted urban areas.
Key Benefits of D-MAN:
- Extremely easy to use either individually or in multiples
- Simple to lock / unlock cells together
- Cells are omnidirectional for connecting together
- Unique letterbox style wire tendon anchor point system
- The cells are nestable and packed with our kits in standard boxes, therefore one source supply reducing packaging and transport costs. All can be delivered on one pallet including our Piddler Tree Irrigation System.
- Unique cup shape for water storage
- Cells are made from recycled plastic
- Tested & approved by industry experts
- For D-MAN to be effective the tree soil must be compacted to 60% above the cells, to the nursery line.