The Sara street lamp comprises two crossed columns that house a two-fold lighting system: the taller column uses four directional floodlights to emit direct light; the lower column uses two fluorescent holder luminaires to create ambient light.
The positioning of the two columns is reminiscent of the Saint Patrick’s Street and Grand Parade junction in Cork (Ireland), for which it was designed.
A single Sara version comprising a single 10m high column and up to 4 floodlights is also available.
Materials and finishes
- Street lamp of 9.70m, comprising two columns of differing heights made of galvanised steel with grey paint finish, joined together in the form of a cross by an AISI 316 stainless steel axis.
- The tallest column tapers and is 10m long. It supports four directional floodlights made of grey painted cast aluminium, a turned aluminium reflector with anodised finish and tempered glass cover.
- The other column is 6m long and supports two fluorescent holder luminaires.
- The luminaire body, casing and refractor cover are made of co-extruded polycarbonate and the side caps of injected polycarbonate.
- Four revolving floodlights with semi-extensive optics that contain the auxiliary fittings and can house metal halide or high-pressure sodium vapour discharge lamps (max 250W).
- Two-level equipment can also be provided.
- Two fluorescent holder luminaires to house two linear fluorescent lamps of 58W each.
- Luminaires for a single 58W lamp can also be provided.
- The luminaires have an anodised sheet aluminium reflector in the interior for optimum performance.
- 70 I 100 I 150 I 250 W MH (HIE-CE/m E27/E40)
- 70 I 100 I 150 I 250 W HPSV (HSE-MF E27/E40)
- 2 x 58W fluorescence (T26 G13)
Installation and maintenance
- The street lamp is delivered in five parts: two columns, the axis joining the columns, the luminaires, and the floodlights.
- The column is embedded using a concrete cube made on-site and anchor bolts, 24cm below the pavement surface. A groove must be made for wiring. The template and anchor bolts are supplied with the column.
- Standard replacements and maintenance for fittings.