The Hevea Brasiliensis is better known as the ‘Rubber Tree’. This species has a typical rubber- or latex-producing lifespan of 25-30 years, after which the trees have historically been felled and used for firewood, or even discarded.
This timber is now used to produce Heveatech decking. It is cut into small layers, which are bonded together under extreme compression and finished with a solid veneer. The result is an engineered decking board with a uniform moisture content and 50% less potential expansion and contraction than other hardwoods.
145mm Heveatech is generally available in 3, 4 and 4.9m lengths.
- Engineered hardwood decking
- Reversible board: Danish profile one side, smooth other
- Supplied from a FSC accredited source
- Natural appearance
- Warm light teak finish
- Outstanding durability – 15-year warranty
- 50% less expansion and contraction that other hardwood decking
- Exclusive to Round Wood of Mayfield
Heveatech decking is extremely durable and is particularly suited to the often harsh and variable European climate. It is offered with a 15-year warranty against contamination and decay and a lifetime warranty against termite infestation.