ReRoot 600 and ReRoot 1000 are ribbed root barriers designed for the protection of paved surfaces, shallow service ducts and utilities.
Available in roll form and in two different depths. The numbers 600 and 1000 denote the depth in mm.
This versatile root management system can be used to surround individual or groups of trees because the ribs are proven to divert lateral root growth downwards.
They are also used as an interlock when joining roll ends. Many local authorities now state in their planning policy that trees planted within 3m of a paved/hard surface that will be adopted by the council must be lined with a root barrier. This protects the pavement in the long term and the trees’ root systems in the event of pavement excavation.
- Easy to install, no specialist equipment needed
- Available in 600mm and 1000mm depth
- Supplied in roll form and cut to order in 10m increments to minimise waste
- Ribbed construction prevents root swirl and directs roots downward and outward
- Flexible design allows the barrier to curve around obstacles but is rigid enough to hold its form when backfilling
- ReRoot joint tape will ensure root proof joints when joining roll ends